Youth Service Chair

YOUTH SERVICE

 

By Jo Ann Beck
District 6980
Youth Service Chair

Rotaract Club of Brazil Orlando, a D6980 community-based Rotaract Club, initiated a “Rotaract Be the Match” campaign. Mission: Encourage people to register and become potential bone marrow donors. The club is reaching out to all Rotaract Clubs, Rotarians and friends to join in this mission.

A bone marrow transplant is a treatment that replaces unhealthy marrow with healthy cells. Every three minutes a person is diagnosed with leukemia in the United States. These patients undergo chemotherapy and radiation treatments. Some need bone marrow transplantation, and only 30% find a compatible donor within the family. The other 70% have to rely on the generosity of an unknown donor. Unfortunately, patients risk losing their lives during the wait.

Bruna Garbin Paes de Barros

Rotaract is working through the “Icla da Silva foundation” and “Be the Match, the established and Bruna Garbin Paes de Barros recognized national bone marrow registry. to locate potential donors.

You, your friends and families can help. To become a potential bone marrow donor, access the link:

join.bethematch.org/rotaract,

and follow our campaign’s Instagram page

rotaractbethematch.

For more information, contact:

Bruna Garbin Paes de Barros President Rotaract Club Brazil Orlando District 6980 Rotaract Chair